365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 24 April 2019

Wednesday April 24th 2019



Human evolution has come a long way since we split from other Hominid species and became 'sapien' - or, wise man. Well it was a wise man this lunchtime who avoiding the light monsoon without, who ate his Sainsbury's meal deal lunch in the car. Wise beyond reason.

The view was stupendous, the muti-story car-park I use daily to reach my place of employ. And there you have it. 1.5 million years of evolution of the human race and it all comes to this, a damp Wednesday, and £3 meal and a moist windscreen partly obscuring the bargain car park charges on a Sunday. I'm sure when I frequented senior school (in-between bouts of truancy) my careers master never said 

"Dawes, if you work hard, focus on what you want out of life and persevere, you'll end up in your 6th decade eating a sandwich in a car park watching a man in front of you getting soaked as he repeatedly comes back to the car for things he's forgotten

No, I'm sure it was all about if I get a good career, I'll have a nice house, 2.4 children and holiday in Costa Brava for two weeks in August. I'm sure evolution has brought great benefits, but this lunchtime as the rain obliterated shorts man from my view, I did begin to wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment