365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 2 April 2019

Tuesday April 2nd 2019


What on earth? Well this is the bottom of my new Technopipe. A month or so ago I went on a Northumbrian Pipes weekend and really wish to give it a go. A full set of real pipes heads close to £1000 and then beyond, and for the moment what I need is an easy peasy way of learning to get my sausage like fingers going. On the course the teacher Francis and I had a chat about the Fagerstrom Technopipe. This seemed exactly what I needed, a small instrument that could be played anywhere discretely. That's the plan anyway, in bed, watching TV, at work, I could practice my fingering. I say that's the plan, the trouble is after receiving it as a gift yesterday, I can't get the damn thing to work. This photo of the battery in situ was sent to the supplier.  Frustrating and looking on YouTube it seems as easy as put a battery in and off you go. Not tonight. To be continued.

Postsctipt, Two days later I made a strange noise. Probably the pipes coming to life, but aged 55, maybe noises off. Lets hope the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment