365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 13 April 2019

Saturday April 13th 2019


As the crow flies Chipping Sodbury is around 13 miles from where I am typing this daily post. Yet in over 25 years of living in the area, I've visited this lovely 12th Century town just once. That single visit was recalled to me to be when I drove my breakfast companion to collect her car, many many moons ago at a time when we worked together. Today however the three of us, for Julie joined the merry bandwagon,  headed on the spur of the moment to Hamptons Delicatessen and Cafe for a late breakfast. We've been trying to catch up with Sheena since Christmas, thus having finally pinned down a date in the diary, what do we do now? Lets have breakfast. Two hours later we emerged from the aforementioned eaterie, most happy and willing to wobble around this ancient town, in the April sunshine, letting the big breakfasts digest en-route. I hope Chipping Sodbury retains it's quaint air, as Yate its rude and brash neighbour has expanded to the very edge of the Chippings foothills. Not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment