365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 23 April 2019

Tuesday April 23rd 2019


April is " National Kite Month". Not in the UK, but in Newport, Oregon.  Now why on earth would I be sitting in Bristol but writing the daily blog about a place on the other side of the pond that until a few hours ago, I'd never heard of. Well it is simple. I look after a lot of equipment in the Radio department here and a small compact camera was found recently - in a locked drawer. The camera contained a memory card, so I thought I'd have a look. Around 80 images from what seems to be a beach clean in 2011, in Newport. I wonder why? My guess is that a recording trip resulted in this blizzard of images, of coastline with golden sand, of people collecting plastic, standing loving with their catch, and of lovely scenic images of the town and landmarks. 


These three especially caught my eye so I had to look up where Newport was. And this is what I discovered. Sounds great. (although one image did say Tsunami Debris). Funny what is found in locked drawers, and where it leads an inquisitive mind......

Newport Facts
Population: 10,400
County: Lincoln County
Elevation: 150 feet above the sea
Time Zone: Newport is located in Pacific Standard Time Zone
Miles to Portland: 130 miles to Portland International Airport
Most Visited Attraction: The Oregon Coast Aquarium
Major Industry: Tourism, fishing and wood products
Approximate number of restaurants: More than 80—ranging from four-star dining to small, cozy cafes 


No comments:

Post a Comment