365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 26 April 2019

Friday April 26th 2019


My final view of the trees at work. I've got 10 days off and this is the last view I'll have of these four trees. This weekend they'll be coming down to make way for a new wheelchair ramp. They've been part of the scene here for as long as I've worked here. Smaller then of course, more like foliage rich walking sticks but over time they've graced the terrace outside the Bar. They were a form of maple which I never identified. That didn't matter. In autumn drifts of seeds fell to the ground. All year the resident blackbird sang in them. It will be sad to return to the office and not see them softening the area. Especially as the huge pine which was in front of them was felled last year too. Thank you trees, you've been AceR.

No comments:

Post a Comment