365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 28 April 2019

Sunday April 28th 2019


When this was taken there was no internet,  no mobile phones. It was April 3rd 1983 (handily I'd written this on the reverse). I was 18. And this was my first selfie. Before selfies even existed. I stumbled across this astonishing image of myself 30+ years ago while looking for something else. It was inside a book being used as a book mark. A book I'm possible not opened for to decades. I can vividly remember this image being taken. My friend had just begun a photography course and he was full of ideas for images. We're in the back garden of my parents home in South Shields. It was Easter Sunday and we were two mates messing about with my new Olympus OM10 camera. But looking back it seems very strange viewing my young self. It doesn't seem like any time at all since this was taken yet as I scan my outer shell of 37 years ago, captured on film, it seems a strange visage. Almost unrecognisabe. Time definitely has moved on, not least the fashions....that hat was bought to impress a lady. I'm not sure what happened to her. Hummmm........


No comments:

Post a Comment