365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 30 April 2019

Tuesday April 30th 2019


Time is a strange thing. Before I headed north, my mum asked me to purchase a basic alarm clock for my dad. Since he's become her carer, he sleeps in one room, and mum in another. Technology is not his forte and so the alarm/clock radio he has is never accurate as he can't work out how to change the time. So before heading north I bought a radio controlled alarm clock which will be accurate to 1 second every million years. Not sure the battery will last quite that long. But this image isn't of it. This image is my travelling alarm clock from many decades ago. My dad had put it next to the spare bed so I had a clock with me. It was odd seeing this by the bed as I can not recall the last time I used it. It's a bit battered and only keeps time for a day, but a lovely surprise. And dad's new clock? He loves it, though as I'd also reset the alarm/clock radio to the correct time he apparently woke at 1am and thought it was 5am as he'd been used to adjusting the time on the clock by 4 hours to be accurate. Love my dad and his absolute inability to comprehend anything technological. A true artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment