365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 6 April 2019

Saturday April 6th 2019


Its funny. We always sit at this table, and we always sit in the same chairs. Julie and I on the settle, Alan and Christine opposite on chairs. In the winter the fire is on, on April 6th it was too hot for a smoking grate. The reservation sign at the Dog Inn Old Sodbury tells a story, along with the menus. 4 times a year we meet up with Julie's friends from Wiltshire. Christine's mum was a great friend of Julie's mum and so they became friends as well. Of course until 2014 Julie could have popped over any time. now she's entombed in Somerset we meet half way for lunch and a natter. not sure what was in my lunch but by the time I got home at 4pm, I was exhausted and needed a little nap before the Grand National, won by tiger Roll for a second time in two years. First time that's happened since Red Rum in 1974. There lies another story, as a 10 year old, in that race I had First, Second and Third. Mt 10p each was in the Rothbury betting shop netted me something like £1.50. A fortune for a 10 year old and I know I bought a balsa-wood plane with some of it (if not all of it) from Murray's toy shop.   

No comments:

Post a Comment