365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 27 February 2019

Wednesday February 27th 2019


A trip to the Great Wen today. And what a lovely day to go there, blue skies (cloaked in the Capitol's pollution) and the day the English temperature record for February was broken in nearby Kew. Sadly most of my day was bathed in darkness. A 06.28 train from Worle meant rising from the slumber pit at 05.30 - actually at 05.20 Julie woke me with an offer of tea and peanut butter on toast. Lovely. It was chillsome, and dark, on the platform, enriched however by multifarious birdsong. A brisk walk from Paddington to the BBC followed, and the rest of the day was spent in room L028 in the basement of the BBC, attending a "Safe Management of Radio Productions" mandatory course. Two Bristolian colleagues I hadn't known were attending hove into view, so I had chums to chat to over lunch when we stood outside Broadcasting House munching on my cold bacon sandwiches. Training over it was a leisurely walk back to Paddington and across the domestic threshold just before 8pm, in darkness. It has been a hot sunny day I believe, sadly I failed to witness it. All for the bagrain price of my train ticket, £231. Thank you Licence Fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment