365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 16 February 2019

Saturday February 16th 2019


Human evolution has come a long way. But not in Somerset. Apparently the population of Nailsea are so evolutionary backward they are unable to boil then mash potatoes. I find this astonishing, but here is the evidence for my own eyes to feast on.  

What in all manner of developing new food products which save us time, at Waitrose HQ, got them to dream up this idea of a plastic tub filled with mashed potato to then warm up. Ignoring the carbon footprint of having to make the mashed potato and then cool it, keep it cool in chiller units and then reheat it. Or the absolute waste of plastic resources to transport starchy sludge across the country. Ignoring these, what on earth does this taste like? I know from experience that mashed potato the day after is never as good as fresh out of the pan; a dollop of butter, maybe some cream, chives sometimes. Delicious.  If I hadn't been so traumatised seeing ready made mash, I'd have bought one to find out. As it was I left to go and find some ready made stir fry and pre-chopped carrots. Mind you I am now of an age when I'd probably struggle to get the plastic cover off without resorting to the use of lithium powered garden shears and a long handled spoon. Evolution continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment