365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 3 February 2019

Sunday February 3rd 2019


Tyntesfield, the National Trust property I volunteer at had been closed on both Friday and Saturday because of the snow, or more specifically sheet ice, makes for a heart stopping experience motoring down the steep driveway if icy. Today however the estate was was open, despite their being quite a bit of snow across the area still.  I had a meeting at 2pm (or as I vaguely remembered in the afternoon) so before then Julie and I popped into the Cow Barn restaurant for a delicious cheese scone and soup. Made all the more delicious being 20% off as I can through magical processes obtain that discount now I'm a fully fledged volunteer. Soup quaffed, meeting chatted, we ventured deep into the Shire, which was lovely, such a lovely atmosphere. Two days couped up and the fair populace of Bristol were out to get some air.As did we, and a sneaky hot chocolate too afterwards. Splendid.

No comments:

Post a Comment