365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 24 February 2019

Sunday February 24th 2019


I love house sparrows. I love house sparrows more when they make an image increase its joy. And so it was today, ahead of a day at Tyntesfield, when these male house sparrows were warming themselves in the early morning sunshine. I failed to grab the image of half a dozen sparrows and a beautifully colourful starling on one branch, disappointing but inevitable. I've lost count of the times I've seen a wonderful image and then by the time I've got the camera, my vision has melted into the mist. As today. So just sparrows, which didn't disappoint. I watch these noisy finches daily as they live in the house and feed in the garden. It's not unusual to have 40-50 in one bush, squabbling and chattering away. Which pleases me so much. As a species on the decline in Britain, having a healthy population here is a joy. They are thugs however and so keep the other birds away. For a while. Fo as soon as they depart, the blue tits, great tits and others like dunnocks soon come back. I nature there is space for everyone, just not all at the same time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment