365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 22 February 2019

Friday February 22nd 2019


An image of my day. A good day. A day of Elegant Simplicity. This was my lunchtime subjoin. Sandwich, crisps, prawn cocktail and a can of lemon SanPelegrino. But this lunchtime heralded an hour of joy and inspiration to look forward to. The book, Elegant Simplicity by Satish Kumar was my reading choice this lunchtime, swatting up on facts for the script underneath. At 2pm I headed to studio 1B to record a Tweet of the Day session with Satish and it proved to be as inspirational as I'd hoped. Through my career I've met some inspirational people. Often the bubble of celebrity is burst when working with people who are well known. They as as vulnerable,  unsure and hesitant as the next person. However two people now stand head and shoulders above the crowd. Both hero's I'd wanted to meet and both who were more than that. Michael Palin was the first of these back in 2015. Satish Kumar was the second. I listened to Satish's words of wisdom enthralled, forgetting frequently why I was there. Ilse the studio manager who hadn't heard of  Satish ended the session with awe and admiration for this 82 year old and his advice for a child being born today. My only regret was Satish was in a studio in Plymouth. I'd have loved to meet the man himself, and still would. His words though will suffice for the moment. A good day indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment