365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 18 February 2019

Monday February 18th 2019


I did a bit of jay-watching this lunchtime. Possibly our most beautiful bird,  the jay is normally secretive and aloof. Yet as long as I've known in my time in Clifton,  jays have seemingly lost much of their weariness towards man,  filling the air with its rawkus calls from the many trees lining the streets. Today however I watched a jay in one of the many communal gardens this area is known for. Perched on a wooden bench,  it came to my notice as it flew underneath and began searching for presumably spiders and insects. These lovely (if predatory) intelligent birds adapt perfectly to their surroundings. Systematically this bird searched under this bench until another jay flew over and disturbed the first bird. They landed in a tree right next to me,  which is when the photo was taken. I watched them squirelling around the tree before noisily they flew over my head,  over the road and dropped into a garden. A colourful interlude to my walk,  somewhat repeated again in the next street with a different pair. Clifton jays are such fun to watch,  I only wish my photo of the bench feeding jay had been better. Ahh well it's a silhouette of my observations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment