365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 13 February 2019

Wednesday February 13th 2019


Car service day. 

Being slightly mad my car is serviced 30 miles away from where I live. I've driven Suzuki cars for nearly 10 years and use a fabulous family run garage outside of Taunton - Tracks. So with the annual service due, it was a 7am start from home to avoid the traffic. Perfect, as a fantastic sunrise caught my eye, flocks of jackdawns scudding overhead. Magical. 

The service chap said as I arrived, "oh another early visitor, that other chap before you was from North Devon" It was 08:10 in the morning. they open at 08:30, but their customer service is wonderful. Paperwork completed, I ventured out the forecourt in the hire car to a local farm shop for my breakfast. 08:40. They opened at 09:00. I'm not usually out the house at 9am, no wonder everything seems closed and quiet. Breakfast pushed over the larynx I headed to nearby Bradford on Tone to kill some of the three hours remaining before my car would be ready. What a wonderful litle place, I watched half a dozen buzzard feeding in a field, pootled around the church and the village and headed into the community run shop for a drink. Then sitting in the sun dozing like a newly retired radio producer a lady on a bicycle stopped and said "you look lovely and warm there". Indeed I was in the warm sunshine which is possibly the first spring like day of the year.Insects buzzed, snowdrops swayed and jackdaws made a racket from the trees behind me. Perfect. As was collecting my car, and being on a service plan, nothing to pay!  A perfect day, sun, snowdrops and service plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment