365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 8 January 2014

January 8th 2014

 
From this microphone 1.2 million people get to listen to the warm liquid tones of Monty Don. It has felt like the last day of term today, a strange feeling since it is the first week of the new year, however today was the final studio recording day for Radio 4's Shared Planet. Series 1 at least. The day also coincided, more by fluke than planning, with my 100th posting on my personal 365 day blog diary. What better way then to celebrate my 11th programme in the series than to write about it, the Medicinal Planet which will be broadcast on January 21st. Shared Planet has been part of my life since 2010 with research and planning, a full 3 years before it was commissioned. And then we were off and into production in May last year, my working life consumed for the next 7 months. So that's that for the moment, the wonderful team I am part of can take a brief rest before we crank up again for Series 2 in June. Without that team we'd never had made it the success that it seems to have become. In my dotage I shall remember this day, the script, the recording and that end of term feeling and forget about the blood sweat and tears that occasionally manifested itself during the run.


No comments:

Post a Comment