365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 27 January 2014

January 27th 2014



This is the corridor into my office, a part of the BBC I walk up and down all day every day and again as part of my year long blog and recording parts of my life in my 50th year it is often easy to overlook the everyday things that happen, those things that we take for granted but one day will stop. Should I worry I have these types of thoughts at my young age? Well no, I've always been fascinated by the routine things of life. How we automatically do them without really thinking about why we do them.

Thomas Hardy put it better in Tess of the d'Urbervilles;

“Don't think of what's past!" said she. "I am not going to think outside of now. Why should we! Who knows what tomorrow has in store? ”

2 comments:

  1. As someone else once said (not in these precise words) the past is over, tomorrow doesn't exist, all we have is right here and now, this very second, and by the time you realise that, that's in the past too! Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And related to that, Chris Evans on Radio 2 said today, there is no such thing as getting old or feeling old, there's just alive and dead.

    ReplyDelete