365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 5 January 2014

January 5th 2014

There is more of me behind now than in front
 
I realised today that in this 365 day long blog, I'd not taken a photograph of myself. As a record of the past, present and future over the twelve month of my 50th year it seems remiss to not record what I looked like at this time. And so I set too. There is a lot of talk on social media about 'selfies' these days, but for me a good self portrait tells a story. As a teenager I discovered Julia Margaret Cameron who produced for me some of the most evocative female portraits in Victorian times. Now I'd never put myself in the same camp as Julia Cameron but over the years I've loved some of the monochrome images which tell a journey through a single snapshot in time. We rarely know what happened just before or just after the shutter snapped and that's what makes the image fascinating. In a way this blog is a way to encapsulate the mundane, the exciting and the mood across my own snapping shutter on April 1st. I enjoyed taking these self portraits. These two in particular I love and so they get into the posting today.
 
From my window all moments of life pass


No comments:

Post a Comment