365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 2 January 2014

January 2nd 2014

 
It is a necessary evil at times to shop in a supermarket. Take yesterday. I'd been away for most of Christmas and was returning to the Somerset abode where my cupboards were more empty than a wannabe famous at all costs celebrity head. Christmas has passed and so with every household in the land now fed to bursting, the world and his wife had descended on Sainsbury's to restock. After all they may waste away if they don't eat 5 square meals a day. The place was heaving and absolutely ghastly. But I needed milk and fruit. The local farm shop is best for fruit but the road getting there was flooded and so with best brave pants on I ventured into the den on iniquity. And took this photo.
 
Even buying 3 punnets of grapes for £5 worked out more expensive by 40p a kilogramme than buying a bag of loose grapes (£ per kilogramme) in the box underneath it. I had to take a photograph as bargains are not bargains if they cost you more in my book.  I bought loose, loose is good!

1 comment:

  1. Loose is always better, and less packaging to clog up the planet. Julie x

    ReplyDelete