365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 28 January 2014

January 28th 2014


It has been an interesting 24 hours and as I woke at 3am this was the view that greeted me. I'm not sure what is more worrying, the fact that I woke at 3am, or that I had the presence of mind to look at my bedside table and think, that's quite interesting as a topic for my blog. I blame the tea from that mug, a mug which has special significance to me. Back in 2009 I worked with Sir David Attenborough on his first foray into radio for decades 'Life Stories'. My role then was to be a general everything for Sir David who would write the script, send it to me, I'd fact check it, add suggestions, and send it back ready for the recording. We'd record 4 or 5 programmes in a day and on his final recording day Shauna a PA to the Radio 4 commissioner came to see the great man in action. With her she brought some gifts for Sir David including this mug, he thanked her, and gave it to me. Possibly an awkward moment but I couldn't refuse, could I?

No comments:

Post a Comment