365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 13 January 2014

January 13th 2014


My working day today has been taken up by a full day 'Safety' course. This mandatory course needed to be done as it is over 5 years since I attended the last one. Often these courses are as dull as ditchwater, where did that phrase come from, but today's was lively and informative. So that's me done for another 5 years, it will see me out. To remind myself then a photo of the College of Journalism sign at the top of the stairs, actually it covers half the wall at the top of the stairs.

By the way I've just done a bit of research into where 'as dull as ditchwater' comes from, and can't find anything out other than it has been in English usage since 1700's. Will need to do some more digging as to its origin.

No comments:

Post a Comment