365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 8 October 2013

October 8th 2013


Sometimes it is the simplest of things which can bring pleasure. Each day I walk through the grounds of the Clifton Cathedral on my way into work. Alongside the massive 1960's structure (which I love for it stark beauty) are small informal gardens. The flowers and shrubs here are simple as reflects a place of worship, but provide me with pleasure through the passing seasons, a haven of tranquillity in the bustle of a city. Today however my walk was assaulted by the glorious scent of 2 Elaeagnus shrubs which are now in flower. Small insignificant flowers, but packed with honey and candyfloss aroma and even at 7.30am covered in a number of bees and flies gathering nectar. A lovely start to the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment