365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 24 October 2013

October 24th 2013



Breaking my own laws of this diary for the second time today, because, well just because it's brief moments, the happenchance of a moment that lift the soul to a new plane. And that's why there are 2 photographs.

Bobbling along on my daily commute through the lanes of Somerset before dawn I passed a misty field full of milkers, and those milkers were giving off their own mist as they ruminated on the day ahead. It was half an hour before dawn. I reversed the car. Luckily I had my camera with me and so for 20 minutes i stood in a field full of cows and shot off a few photos, some artistic such as below and some like the one above just capturing the essence of the scene in front of me. Perfect. There is something about stumbling across a pastoral view, one with a mixture of emotional uplift and artistic composition that really does make my whole body tingle. Either that or it was the 3 shredded wheat I'd had this morning.


I'd recommend everyone gets out there before dawn to see the countryside at its best. I love early mornings, I am more in tune with the World and my emotions than any other time of the day. Add a fleeting moment of beauty in a crowded world of grim distraction and you can't say fairer than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment