365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 1 October 2013

October 1st 2013


This is the first entry in my new blog. I am at a crossroads in my life, in that on April 1st 2014 I will be 50. Fifty years on this planet enjoying everything it had to offer, and as William Shakespear said "the best is yet to come".

When I was 21 in 1985, I bought every newspaper printed on that day, they were never read and are neatly folded in a suitcase. So in 2013 new technology exists only dreamt of in the 1980's. Self publishing.

This blog then will exist only for 365 days from today. It is going to be an image a day (mainly from my mobile) diary of what I get up to over the next 365 days.  I can't guarantee a rock and roll existence but for me it will be an important reminder of the passage of time through the year, seasons and a milestone birthday. I don't intend to write much on each posting, but will comment on each image.

Casual readers may also find it interesting too.

This image to begin the blog was taken at midnight 30 today. I was having trouble sleeping and the idea of this year long diary and record came into my head while reading my Blackberry. A quiet if not quite auspicious start, my reading matter on the bedside table.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring?


1 comment:

  1. How imaginative. I wonder how you'll feel about today's events 6 months or even a year from today?

    ReplyDelete