365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 30 October 2013

October 30th 2013


A cold start to the day in deepest Wiltshire with the temperature hovering around freezing, meaning it was the first time I'd had ice on my car, with frost on the lawn and house roof. Having said that it was a fantastic dawn with the merest sliver of a crescent moon on a rapidly blueing sky. Very atmospheric, made all the more so when a large flock of fieldfare flew over, chattering noisily to themselves. All too soon though my commute to Bristol was underway and by then the sun was up, mist filling the valley bottoms, but driving through Avebury, I had to stop as the light was spectacular. No time to faff about getting the composition right, just half a dozen quick photos of the Avenue leading to the circle itself, and then back into the car and along the M4. I love these colder mornings, the light is so intense, it's like being given new eyes all over again.

I've been away for a few days somewhere where there's no Internet access, therefore the last 4 days will be updated tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment