365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 23 October 2013

October 23rd 2013


A juxtaposition of thought caught my mind today. This morning I found myself enclosed in a windowless studio with a studio manager Dave, for 3 hours, final mixing programme 18 of Shared Planet, a programme looking at the effect of rubbish on wildlife. As I emerged blinking into the bright sunlight of an autumn day I walked past 4 recycling bins in the car park the colours of which matched not only the day (blue skies and white clouds - the orange and yellow of autumn leaves) but also matched the focus of the programme, in that we all produce too much physical waste, and we need to reduce the amount we do produce, 177 million tonnes per annum in the UK. A sobering thought on such a bright autumnal day.

But then I thought the 'faces' of the recycling bins were quite jolly - I'm quite taken with such left field thoughts such images provide - always look at the world sideways.

No comments:

Post a Comment