365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 3 October 2013

October 3rd 2013


Today I have been working from home, final editing the two episodes of the Radio 4 series Shared Planet which were recorded in the Bristol studio yesterday, and which I missed part of because of the M5 accident. I've been sitting at this desk most of the day; it encapsulates 90% of my working life looking at computer screens, either writing, replying to e-mails or editing. Just 10% sees me out there communing with nature. Editing is an interesting business which I still struggle with, as there is always some super nugget of a recording, some gem a contributor has said, which has to end up never making the programme.

If you're interested this programme (soil biology) goes out on Tuesday 16th October at 11.02 am on Radio 4.

2 comments:

  1. Your desk looks a lot tidier than mine :)

    Look forward to the programme on Soil Biology next Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tidied it especially for the photograph Caroline :-)

    ReplyDelete