365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 13 October 2013

October 13th 2013

 
I can smell winter's approach today. The false summer which extended into early autumn and the warm temperatures of early October now seem to have been banished for another year. That though is the joy of seasons, each day remains the same but subtly each day is quite different. A week ago I was taking landscape photographs on the Somerset Levels in hot sunshine, today the rain is brazenly falling from on high making the countryside, and the garden above, smell of damp earth. Actually a scent I like, an indication the wheel of life is still rotating. I had to pop into the greenhouse today and the rain falling on the glass was quite soporific. Any of you who have read my Wessex Reiver blog will know I like rain. And so an experiment today. I recorded 1 minute of rain falling on the greenhouse roof, from inside, and published it on my Soundcloud page. Should be open access to listen to, I hope so at least.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment