365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 27 June 2019

Thursday June 27th 2019


My third Wedding Anniversary today. Actually that should be our third WA. Yes indeed, June 27th 2016 saw myself and Julie hitch the romance in Alnwick Registry Office. In attendance, Mum and Dad, my best friend Andrew and his partner Siobhan and my other good friends Dave and Margaret. A very quiet affair at the Registry office overseen by Sue Hurst, who I knew slightly but didn't know she would be officiating. Tears over (the groom) it was a short walk to the Swan Hotel and a really really lovely post marriage luncheon - which we'd booked only a few days before but the hotel did us proud. I thought at the time, archivists in 200 years time will say - why did this couple from Somerset get married in Northumberland. For exactly the same reasons searching family trees in 2019 can draw a blank or an unexpected outcome. Because we wanted to. In the evening it was off to Newton by the Sea and a walk along the near deserted beach before a pint in the pub there listening to folk music. 

This morning however I left this bag in Julie's car, after feigning I'd forgotten. Luckily she liked it !

No comments:

Post a Comment