365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 7 June 2019

Friday June 7th 2019


I'm married to a very gifted artist. I can paint and draw, but Julie has an exceptional talent to recreate accuracy and life in animal drawings. Some of her recent bird drawings are superb. I've not seen her draw a butterfly, until tonight. A few weeks ago we huffed and puffed up the Mendips in search of blue butterflies (other hues are of course available). I recall Julie saying as we watched a lot of common blue butterflies wheeling about, this has given me an idea for a painting. Tonight then that seed of inspiration began forming an embryo on paper. Picture the scene. The conservatory. Lord and master watching Monty Don on Gardeners World whilst her Ladyship sat at the table scribbling away on her idea. This is the result. Nowhere near finished but an idea born on a walk, now developing into an artwork. I could never be that good. My aim now is to get Julie to learn how to use acrylic paints, I think she'd be exceptional. I'm not biased, just astonished.

No comments:

Post a Comment