365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 5 March 2019

Tuesday March 5th 2019


Chance plays a large part in destiny. Possibly a profound statement for the day. Take this painting as a perfect example. I painted this a few years back as a bit of a practice session. Just something out of my mind, remembering a sunset and silhouetted trees in Northumberland. I quite liked it but wasn't too sure is was a saleable item. It then lay unloved in my portfolio of 'stuff' which this winter I decided to have a sort out of. At that point it lay in the 'to burn' pile. I lit the fire and proceeded to burn a lot of my old paintings and test pieces, what an inferno that was!! However when I got to this I stopped and thought, "Oh I like the dark areas" maybe I'll save it from the flames. Bringing it indoors I left it on the table in the conservatory. 

Spin forward a couple of weeks and the arrival of a plumber. Yes dear reader this is relevant. As she passed the painting on the table, she said how much she liked it to Julie so I gave it a second look. Julie has always liked it and suggested a nice black frame. I didn't have one, so at the weekend I went wild and spray painted a stock frame. Now it's framed I quite like it. In the evening the clouds give off an incandescent light (not sure how I did that). But what to call it? Well given its checkered history and near death experience at the garden brazier, how about Phoenix Sky? 


No comments:

Post a Comment