365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 1 March 2019

Friday March 1st 2019


Many is the day when I head up to bed and think, what on earth have I done today?. Today was one of those days. Not that I've not done anything, quite the opposite in fact, as I never stopped for over 12 hours, even for lunch, but just couldn't remember what I'd done. I know there was lots of it. My work day began at 6am, listening to 93 episodes of Tweet of the Day as the schedule needed of the repeats we'll put out from April, had to get to Radio 4 by this evening. Then into the office where a whirlwind of stuff came my way. Planning, scheduling, editing, listening, administration, compiling a recording itinerary, and even kit loan. I managed to get into the studio to fix an edit too. 

By 6pm I was feeling absolutely exhausted and frustrated as the shared folder area of our Bristol server, known as the J Drive had crashed. Thus I had to find a way to work off-line to get not only some pres details to Radio 4, but also update the workplans. By 6.15pm I managed to switch off my computer and wearily head home listening to the Archers; but not before checking in on the Farming Today team who were still in the studio mixing their programme for Monday. The image above I took a few days ago, as I wanted to capture, how my days normally are at work. Normal for me, and all my colleagues, is wearing headphones, editing or listening to audio content and looking vacant. I do looking vacant so well.

March 1st already - Spring has arrived. It's turned cool and wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment