365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 17 March 2019

Sunday March 17th 2019


Yesterday the National Trust's Tyntesfield Facebok page posted the above photograph. This morning when I woke, this story rushed out of my unconscious. I love creative writing, unleash the mind and it just happens. 

"Once upon a time there was a little pixie-stalk called Polygonaceae; to her friends just Poly. She was an orphan after her parents were forced to leave their home by cruel farmer Rheum and were never seen again. Poly was mischievous. Always hiding in dark places before jumping out with a flourish to scare people, so much so, they'd often crumble to the ground in such a fright. One day Poly decided to go travelling. Gathering her processions into a neat bundle she set off on a fine spring morning. Birds sang, a brimstone butterfly playfully joined her for a while. "Where shall I go? " Poly thought to herself. I know somewhere beautiful and safe, far far away from that nasty Farmer Rheum... all day and all night she walked from her native Yorkshire. If truth were told Poly was a little scared being alone in the countryside. Soon though she crossed a mighty river. A bridge suspended over a very scary ravine allowed safe passage. "I'm so tired" Poly said. "I must find somewhere safe to rest" "I know just the place" came a rough croaky voice. Poly turned round but there was no one there. She really was tired, imagining voices now. "I must rest"... "then come with me I know an enchanted land where you'll be safe". There, it's that voice again. She looked down and there beside her a handsome frog gazed up at her. "Follow me" he said, hopping through a broken fence and into Mr Gibbs garden. Poly followed, cautiously at first, but once she entered the walled garden tears of joy welled up inside her. It was beautiful, flowers bloomed, the sun shone. As she explored her new home, Mr frog hopped up to her. "I've something to show you, your new home awaits, it's just over there by the wall"...( and the rest they say is history. )  "

No comments:

Post a Comment