365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 19 March 2019

Tuesday March 19th 2019


Now I could have taken the classic image of Dyrham Park during my visit here today. Most brochures show this Baroque masterpiece from the hill. It's rectangular shape dominating the landscape near Bath.  But for me and with all aspects of life, the little, the less observed catch my eye. I'll not be the first, and certainly not the last to photograph the stunning red stemmed willows against the lower pond. But how many people I wonder took a black and white image today of a gardener, cutting the grass in the long border. My guess is no one. These borders are being restored this year to their 17th Century creation, I shall have to return. Which is an odd thing to say now, as until November last, I'd never visited this estate, yet today was my second visit for meetings about GPS process and tittle-tattle. It's not a bad place to come to work in. Not bad at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment