365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 11 March 2019

Monday March 11th 2019


What can possibly go wrong. At the beginning of the month I attended a Northumbrian Pipes taster day. Having managed to make a sound that didn't represent a scalded cat I want to go further. Most listeners want me to go further - away too. So there's too options, getting hold of a set of pipes (which are both hard to come by quickly and expensive) or a set of 'electronic pipes. I've gne for this cheaper option for the moment. And here they are. Strictly speaking it's a tube and a bundle of electronics. The idea is that practice fingering can happen in perfect pitch. Supplied with a mini-loudspeaker and headphones I can't wait to try it out. However in a mood of abstinence I'll await until it's my birthday. Those around me are pleased by the extension too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment