365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 9 March 2019

Saturday March 9th 2019


On what was a very blustery March day I found myself at Yandles wood yard in Martock. I love it here, as does the current Mrs D. Lovely cafe, well stocked art supplies shop and the best wood-yard in the south west. Which also contains a lot of very nice machinery - classic boys toys. The one thing I really regret is not having a garden big enough to have a woodworking shed in it. Trying to do any crafts, let alone woodworking in a small shed or outdoors balanced on the garden table isn't ideal. And why I don't do it that often. By the time I've got all the tools out ready to begin, I'm too exhausted to start and so pack up. In my last house I had a dedicated shed for artwork - it was all there ready for my mind to expand and explore. Somehow in this new house, I've never managed to have a shed that's fit for purpose. Back in September I bought some lovely ash planking from Yandles which is still languishing in the garage. That table top will get made one day this year, it will, I promise. In the meanwhile I'll savour the sheds at Yandles brimming with wood of all species and variety. 

No comments:

Post a Comment