365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 8 March 2019

Friday March 8th 2019


Our battered and bruised garden fence. It doesn't look too bad from a distance, but the piece of decking stopping it falling over may somewhat give the game away. I'm hoping next week (for the chap said he'd come in about two weeks time, which was two weeks ago) this monolith to rot and decay will be no more. It's lasted well, and was made on site just before I bought the house 10 years ago. It was constructed by my neighbour Roger and his friend, though sadly at it was constructed with non pressure treated softwood, while it provides a handsome screen, for the last few years in any sort of wind, which we get a lot of here, has seen bits fly off. Closer inspection reveals a lot of rot. So it will be replaced soon by a chap called Mr Fencer. Apt.

As fence panels are no match for the Atlantic gales sweeping up the Bristol Channel, it will once again be made in-situ with feather edge boarding and stronger 4x4 posts. As long as he turns up. The previous fencer we'd got to do the job disappeared completely for a month after I'd emailed a question and said go ahead. Hearing nothing and being unable to contact him at all with follow up emails and phone calls, I thought he didn't want to do the job, so I gave up, Julie found someone else and we gave the job to this second fencer. Only for the first to reappear a week later saying he'll start the job in just over a week. Too late I'm afraid.  Complicated stuff this getting a fence erected. It's not that many years ago, I'd have just done it myself. I'm nearly 55 you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment