365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 22 November 2018

Thursday November 22nd 2018


Another leaving do. This time Sarah Addezio, who from Monday will no longer be a BBC producer, but a Bristol University Communication Officer. I'll miss Sarah. To my loathing of Metropolitan life, Sarah is a Metropolitan through and through. London born and bread, we once had a most interesting discussion on how Bath, (where she now resides) feels like some provincial market town. Whereas for me Bath seems like some carbuncle on the face of the hill. An interesting example of how London, and London-Centrist dominate the media. I'd say everyone I've met over the years who began life in London, and then moved to Bristol, sees London as the centre of the world. It probably explains why the Radio 4 audience is 80% South East England and generally over 65 years of age. The rest of the country is just getting on with life. As I did with this chunk of panettone which Sarah brought in to say goodbye to the team. And a box of Ferrar Roche for me. Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment