365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 25 November 2018

Sunday November 25th 2018


Tea. The real driving force behind the revolving of my world. The inspiration for my thoughts today is that humble brew. A simple coming together of water, freshly boiled and the blended residue of a prepared camellia leaf. Maybe a spot of milk, or lemon, and that’s about it. Yet the act of making a refreshing drink can bring to me a sense of well-being unrelated to the simple refreshment process. That thought came into my mind as I drove home from my shift at the National Trusts’ Tyntesfield estate (other National Trust properties are available). The night was gathering it’s cloak over the land, bare silhouette trees against a leaden sky, my mind drifting from the scene to the act of tea making. More accurately having tea made for me. As a journeyman volunteer I have the best of the paid employees to work alongside in the visitor welcome team. Christmas at the estate has arrived and with it the sense of goodwill to all men, women, persons. During the day as I bumbled about Anna, Bobbie and Chris made me a nice mug of tea, sometimes unasked for. A lifesaving act of kindness to my parched persona. A simple act. Thus Anna, Bobbie and Chris I salute you!

No comments:

Post a Comment