365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 12 November 2018

Monday November 12th 2018


There has been a lot of energy in the atmospheric weather today. Warm too, with a high of 14 degrees, which, coupled to a southerly airflow made the heat of the mid-day sun quite delicious. In between this burst of late summer, have been torrential rainstorms. Similar in venting their moisture to those thunderstorms of mid summer. Yet this is November. I'd been up since 3am and being unable to return to sleep due to worry about my now out of control workload, by mid afternoon did feel a little unwell, and couldn't concentrate. A heady mixture of spaced out consciousness and a desire to sleep and stomach cramps. Perfect. My morning had actually been very productive, recording two more Tweet of the Day episodes with Brian Briggs, former member of the band Stornoway, now a WWT Reserve Manager. But by mid afternoon, I'd ground to a halt. No point staying at work like this, best to pootle off an hour or so early and try and regain composure. Scant compensation for the many hours I work over my allotted span each week. 

It was strange driving home in daylight, and the journey was enlivened by a barrage of dramatic skies, blue skies, dark swirling skies, sunshine and sheeting rain falling from every angle. Arriving at home the maelstrom of images I'd witnessed gave rise to this posting. With the light failing, I quickly nipped into the garden, without realising my camera was on a manual setting. Snap, the above image appeared. Almost monochrome except for the solitary sodium light bravely battling the approaching night. I could have corrected all this, taken more photographs correcting the colouration above to show the blue-yellow sky and dramatic cloud structure. But do you know what? an accidental snap, illustrating something I'd not planned, just works for me today. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment