365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 30 November 2018

Friday November 30th 2018


Home for three nights. And our fourth visit over the last year to Hodson's House nestled beautifully in the Golden Valley in Herefordshire. The backstory here is in September 2018 we were booked for a well deserved break for a week. We'd booked this in February when we came for a long weekend  and paid in full, however I made a real hash of getting the right dates in the calendar.  The owner Jo contacted me on the Monday and asked 'you haven't arrived, is everything okay?" I was just fine, however I was at work and not on holiday. I'd booked my annual two weeks off on the wrong dates. We'd failed to turn up. Luckily we found a wonderful cottage for the week I had actually booked off, about 2 miles away over the hill. But Hodson's House is a real favourite of ours.

Jo the owner could have shrugged off my increasing incompetence but in a renewal of my faith in the kindness of humans she offered us a 'free' weekend in December or January as somewhat compensation. Tomorrow is the first weekend in December, and so here we are, we've actually remembered to turn up. Which is a start I suppose. The photos were taken around 4.30 half an hour after we'd arrived. Today it seems will be the best of the three days here weather wise. Making an early start the town of Hay-on-Wye provided lunch, tea, cake and scotch eggs. Time for a few snaps of the gathering gloom before night falls. Its so quiet here you can hear a pin drop.  We love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment