365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 4 November 2018

Sunday November 4th 2018


It was a quiet day, it was a wet November day.  When scribing my first year long blog, volunteering at Tyntesfield wasn't even a twinkle in the minds eye. Then in November 2015, I unleashed once more the joy I have working for the Trust, and put myself forward to be a Visitor Services volunteer. Accepted, I began my now three years and counting journey, which today saw me in the atrium of that estate, somewhere I hadn't been into for ages and where it all began.This morning I was on membership duties with Amy (hiding behind the glass building a 'buy a gift of membership this Christmas' display. Amy described how we decorated the table as uncontrolled madness. Working with me Amy has not seen anything yet. But, the reason for being there to sign up members to the National Trust. We don't sell, we don't harangue, simple were there and if people wish to join up, excellent, and at £120 for a family of up to 10 children for a year, a bargain. Later I had a catch up with the Visitor Services manager Paula, as there is a rather interesting project on the horizon I'm keen to sink my teeth into, a legacy of the Visitor Services project I've been involved with for two years now. But that's for another day. Today was simply, meet and greet, keep warm and enjoying signing up my one and only new member, nice lady visiting from Honiton.

No comments:

Post a Comment