365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 1 February 2014

Frbruary 1st 2014

 
It comes to something to be posting in my diary the arrival of blue skies and sunshine. However this winter has been pretty bad down here in the south and south west of the UK, with it being recorded that it was officially the wettest January on record. We're in a new month now, the season of Imbolc and as if a light switch had been flicked I woke this morning to unbroken blue sky. So wonderful was this that I had all the windows open for an hour to air the house - there is something restorative in getting fresh air into houses after the winter dormancy. We may still get a cold snap but I can feel the heat in the sun now, it's not going to be long until we can all venture outside and feel warm. I must be getting old if I'm craving sunshine and warmth!
 
While I'm on our resident pheasant enjoyed todays warmth too.....


No comments:

Post a Comment