365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 25 February 2014

February 25th 2014


I've got a bit behind with my postings over the last few days as not feeling great in the head region, some sort of cold or virus thing I can't shift. However tonight after work it being a fantastic evening and the night's drawing out a pace now, I raced down to Somerset Wildlife Trust's Westhay Reserve and caught the last few minutes of sunshine. It helped clear the air (and head) after a day staring at a computer screen. One of the photos I took (above) which I posted on Facebook brought a lovely comment from Rebecca Welshman who is a Richard Jefferies scholar and fellow trustee of the Richard Jefferies Museum. Rebecca wrote;

"This has elicited a Jefferies quote! "The wind works its full will over the exposed waste, and drives through the reed-grass, scattering the stalks aside, and scarce giving them time to spring together again." - From Jefferies book 'The Open Air'.


No comments:

Post a Comment