365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 11 February 2014

February 11th 2014


I never thought when I began this 1 year long blog that I'd live through the wettest (possibly the windiest) spell of winter weather in nearly 300 years. As such my daily ramblings recently have been something of a relentless tirade of  moist observations. Groucho Marx said "I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining". Sadly I'm still here and love the South West when it's still raining.

Usually in the winter I'm out and about doing things, but like many this winter has been relentless wind, rain, dull overcast days, wet, flooding and we're about to be battered again down here in the South West as the chart below shows for Wednesday. As I sat in a traffic jam at 7.30am today caused by Bristol Water traffic lights due to the replacing of main water culvert along the A370 in North Somerset, the irony of being held up by water both above and below ground didn't fail to make me smile. Time for a whisky, once known as 'Aqua Vitae’ but now better known from the Gaelic, 'usquebaugh', or 'water of life'. Now that would be fun if usquebaugh flowed out of my taps. Slange var!

No comments:

Post a Comment