365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 22 February 2014

February 22nd 2014

 
Day 145 of my romp through the stuff of life around my 50th year sees me for the first time in weeks and weeks having a day on my own with no external demands at all on my time. And now I'm bored. Well that's not true, I'm trying to relax and rest but that doesn't come easily to me, so I'm bored. Someone once described me as a hurricane trying to create delicate origami which I've always liked. Sums me up very well. I'm not good having nothing to do, and this morning made worse by management texting me to say she's off for a stroll around Avebury. The odd thing is I have a lot to do here, the whole reason why I'm staying at home. The trouble is it's sunny and what I have to do is indoors, and that's domestic stuff, not for me. But, But, But, I am being focused, very focused at the tasks in hand at home. Which is why I've now spent over an hour reading through some of my P G Wodehouse books in a classic distraction manoeuvre. There has never been a time in my life when Plum has not made me see life in anything other than an uplifting way, and one of the very few writers who makes me laugh out loud. Stout fellow that Sir Pelham Grenville Wodehouse, stout fellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment