365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 29 September 2014

September 29th 2014

 
Even before I moved into the house in December 2009 I knew I wanted to dig up he decking. I loathe decking. I didn't say anything to the estate agent or the sellers as then it was only a couple of years old and they were very proud of it; the estate agent said, this decking really makes the house. Well maybe, but it segregated the garden with a 15cm rise up from the lawn and in wet weather became an absolute no-go area, talk about slippy!!  Five years down the line and I finally have the time to rip the darn stuff up, so with a day off I set too. As the before and after images show, I've created a right old mess but already the garden seems bigger and not made up of a patchwork of hard landscaping. However this 50 year old body can not do what it did even 5 years ago. I am not in any way match fit. Some of those wooden joists were extraordinarily heavy and there were 10 of them. By 3pm I'd had enough but felt so pleased I'd managed to get it all up in 6 hours. Just need to rebuild the garden now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment