365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 13 September 2014

September 13th 2014


I'll miss writing about our Saturday coffees when this project ends. There have been a fair few morning coffees mentioned over the year. Today we where at the Ethicurian again in Wrington having a coffee before heading off to the North Somerset Ploughing Match at Kingston Seymour the next village to us. As I sat there today supping my coffee this was my view and it's a great view. Saturday mornings, a quality paper and a coffee, with or without cake. The older I get the more hedonistic my life becomes, and to be honest I'm happy with that. But a different social event awaited our arrival, today then a short coffee and very moist sticky ginger cake. I've been going to the annual Ploughing Match for many years now and so it's a pleasure to be able to attend again. It's something I enjoy doing, enjoy taking the images and watching real skills as the furrow is ploughed. Today Julie joined me and we met a friend Sheena.  60 photographs taken, many of the 7 teams of plough horses there and then a good chin-wag over a tea, or two. And I never thought I'd get these two beauties in one image, a Massey 35 and a Leyland 270. The first was the first vehicle I ever owned, the latter my tough as old boots workhorse from 30+ years ago. These aren't my vehicles of course but the memory lingers on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment