365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 10 September 2014

September 10th 2014


Suddenly it's feeling autumnal. Even though the days are sunny and very warm at the moment, nature is closing down for the year. I parked my car today in one of the tree lined streets of Bristol underneath a beech tree. The ground, and my car when I returned, was littered in beech-mast. That satisfying crunch as I walked along the pavement recalled may happy days pootling around the woods as a child. Today as I walked passed parked cars the gentle and continuous 'ping and ting' of mast hitting roofs and bonnets provided an audible experience to my daily commute. This is a wonderful time of the year and I'm making the most of the warm sunshine and developing colours. A covering of beech mast over my car is a small price to pay for such beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment