365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 4 September 2014

September 4th 2014



My left foot upon the pavement. In a theme from yesterday, for 20 years I have walked up and down this pavement. I remember these new slabs being lain about 6 years ago, before that old worn and cracked stepping stones. Oakfield Road has been my friend for 20 years, I know every house and car intimately. There's a 64 Reg mini cooper in one house - so far the only new car I've seen since September 1st.

In front of me here is the slope. Its not much of a slope but at night trudging up here after a long day it can feel like the Himalayas. Yet to the left is a lovely garden, minimalist but when they have the fountain on, a balm. Further down a lawned area is the first place I'll see spring bulbs, nestling shyly under a huge camellia.


Behind me is a day-nursery. In the morning this is all hustle and bustle as parents block the road and lob their offspring into the arms of strangers for 8 hours. The BBC is about 5 minutes walk away now, so........... best put my best foot forward then.

No comments:

Post a Comment